Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » Auto populate user login name field when adding new users.
Auto populate user login name field when adding new users. [message #156682] Tue, 23 June 2009 11:45 Go to next message
bg  is currently offline bg  United States
I want the user login name field to auto populate with the users first
letter of the first name and the whole last name. I can't remember how
to do this. The last time i did this was my old job about 6 years ago.
Any help is appreciated.
Re: Auto populate user login name field when adding new users. [message #157228 is a reply to message #156682] Thu, 02 July 2009 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bg  is currently offline bg  United States
Bump
Re: Auto populate user login name field when adding new users. [message #157229 is a reply to message #157228] Thu, 02 July 2009 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aceman  is currently offline aceman  United States
"bg" <bgraham34@gmail.com> wrote in message news:06201796-74a0-487f-89b7-7dfc3ed03aa5@x3g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
> Bump

Because the original post is older than 90 days, and posts older than 90 days get deleted, we can't see it in the Microsoft AD newsgroup, where it originated.

Please post the original question, or your question, such as if you are using a script to add users, doing it manually in ADUC, if the script is not working, etc, to better assist you.

Ace
Re: Auto populate user login name field when adding new users. [message #157239 is a reply to message #157228] Thu, 02 July 2009 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lanwench  is currently offline lanwench  United States
bg <bgraham34@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bump

There is no such thing as "bump" in usenet. You haven't quoted the original
message below so there's no way for anyone to know what you're referring to.
If you didn't get any replies to your original message you may wish to
rephrase your question and repost.
Re: Auto populate user login name field when adding new users. [message #157243 is a reply to message #157239] Thu, 02 July 2009 16:22 Go to previous message
aceman  is currently offline aceman  United States
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmailatyahoo.com> wrote in message news:eCaUbcz%23JHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> bg <bgraham34@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Bump
>
> There is no such thing as "bump" in usenet. You haven't quoted the original
> message below so there's no way for anyone to know what you're referring to.
> If you didn't get any replies to your original message you may wish to
> rephrase your question and repost.
>
>

Unfortunately, it seems we see this all the time. Also unfortunate many posters do not realize that when they find old threads in Google Groups, Techarena, and other web-based groups, they are actually directly tied into the public Microsoft newsgroups where they originate and their responses go directly to. So they may see the whole thread at the web-based site, not realizing it no longer exists because it expired long ago where it originated.

I think if the poster doesn't respond, then they may not have the ability to see our responses from the newsgroups without a true newsreader, such as Outlook Express or Vista's Windows Mail.

Ace
Previous Topic:Computer Rename
Next Topic:How do restore AD 2003 : procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 01:44:03 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05195 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.