Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » WSUS question
WSUS question [message #156983] Sun, 28 June 2009 15:30 Go to next message
jasonthat  is currently offline jasonthat  United States
Messages: 1
Registered: June 2009
Junior Member
*Running WSUS 3.1 on a standalone Win 2k3 server.
Issue - The imaged clients (macbooks) are all showing up in the admin
console. Everything seems to be working fine except that that all the
computers in the wsus group shows the "Installed/Not Applicable
Percentage" as always 97% or 99% . I have tried approving, declining &
many other things to the updates in console but this percentage just
stays the same. Maybe I am doing something wrong here or is this how the
percentage would stays all the time? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in
advance.


--
jasonthat
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
jasonthat's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100409.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1204698.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
Re: WSUS question [message #156988 is a reply to message #156983] Mon, 29 June 2009 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello jasonthat,

I suggest that you post this to:
microsoft.public.windows.server.update_services

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> *Running WSUS 3.1 on a standalone Win 2k3 server.
> Issue - The imaged clients (macbooks) are all showing up in the admin
> console. Everything seems to be working fine except that that all the
> computers in the wsus group shows the "Installed/Not Applicable
> Percentage" as always 97% or 99% . I have tried approving, declining &
> many other things to the updates in console but this percentage just
> stays the same. Maybe I am doing something wrong here or is this how
> the
> percentage would stays all the time? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
> in
> advance.
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
Re: WSUS question [message #157005 is a reply to message #156983] Mon, 29 June 2009 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorge Silva  is currently offline Jorge Silva
Messages: 398
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi
You can check the details under computer details for updates with errors,
needed, etc... Doubleclick and check why they're not installing.
Additionally check the wsus client log on the client machines.

--
I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.

Jorge Silva
MVP Directory Services
"jasonthat" <jasonthat.3uic7b@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:jasonthat.3uic7b@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> *Running WSUS 3.1 on a standalone Win 2k3 server.
> Issue - The imaged clients (macbooks) are all showing up in the admin
> console. Everything seems to be working fine except that that all the
> computers in the wsus group shows the "Installed/Not Applicable
> Percentage" as always 97% or 99% . I have tried approving, declining &
> many other things to the updates in console but this percentage just
> stays the same. Maybe I am doing something wrong here or is this how the
> percentage would stays all the time? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in
> advance.
>
>
> --
> jasonthat
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
> jasonthat's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100409.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1204698.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
Re: WSUS question [message #157037 is a reply to message #157005] Mon, 29 June 2009 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KevinJ.SBS  is currently offline KevinJ.SBS  United States
Messages: 653
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Jorge Silva wrote:
> Hi
> You can check the details under computer details for updates with
> errors, needed, etc... Doubleclick and check why they're not
> installing. Additionally check the wsus client log on the client
> machines.

Imaged clients all with the exact same SUSClientID. All those MACBooks look
the same to WSUS. ;-)

Windows.server.update_services group will straighten 'em out.

>
>
> Jorge Silva
> MVP Directory Services
> "jasonthat" <jasonthat.3uic7b@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
> news:jasonthat.3uic7b@DoNotSpam.com...
>>
>> *Running WSUS 3.1 on a standalone Win 2k3 server.
>> Issue - The imaged clients (macbooks) are all showing up in the admin
>> console. Everything seems to be working fine except that that all the
>> computers in the wsus group shows the "Installed/Not Applicable
>> Percentage" as always 97% or 99% . I have tried approving, declining
>> & many other things to the updates in console but this percentage
>> just stays the same. Maybe I am doing something wrong here or is
>> this how the percentage would stays all the time? Any help is
>> appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>
>> --
>> jasonthat
>> ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
>> jasonthat's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/100409.htm
>> View this thread:
>> http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1204698.htm
>> http://forums.techarena.in

--
/kj
Re: WSUS question [message #157213 is a reply to message #156983] Thu, 02 July 2009 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pranab.sinha.3uotjb  is currently offline pranab.sinha.3uotjb  United States
Messages: 1
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,
I have installed WSUS server 3.1 in windows2k3
installed WSUS in existing sql server
but i am unble to updates the client or WSUS SERVER also not updating
client!
Wsus server getting/download MS patches regularly but not distributing
to client.
Our network is running in a windows Active directory


--
pranab.sinha
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
pranab.sinha's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/110694.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1204698.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
Re: WSUS question [message #157214 is a reply to message #157213] Thu, 02 July 2009 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello pranab.sinha,

Did you configure a GPO for WSUS with the wuau.adm file and link it to the
OU where computers are located?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Hi,
> I have installed WSUS server 3.1 in windows2k3
> installed WSUS in existing sql server
> but i am unble to updates the client or WSUS SERVER also not updating
> client!
> Wsus server getting/download MS patches regularly but not distributing
> to client.
> Our network is running in a windows Active directory
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
Re: WSUS question [message #157218 is a reply to message #157214] Thu, 02 July 2009 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pranab.sinha.3up4nc  is currently offline pranab.sinha.3up4nc  United States
Messages: 1
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Thanks to Meinolf Weber,
Could you help me how to configured GPO in active directory , which
will link to the OU where computers are located.
In our environment we have 5 OU for different types of users with
active directory group policy.
But how to create seperate group policy or OU for WSUS server or users
please help.




'Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS Wrote:
> ;4492586']Hello pranab.sinha,
>
> Did you configure a GPO for WSUS with the wuau.adm file and link it to
> the
> OU where computers are located?
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers
> no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
>
> > Hi,
> > I have installed WSUS server 3.1 in windows2k3
> > installed WSUS in existing sql server
> > but i am unble to updates the client or WSUS SERVER also not
> updating
> > client!
> > Wsus server getting/download MS patches regularly but not
> distributing
> > to client.
> > Our network is running in a windows Active directory
> > http://forums.techarena.in
> >


--
pranab.sinha
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
pranab.sinha's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/110694.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1204698.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
Re: WSUS question [message #157259 is a reply to message #157218] Fri, 03 July 2009 03:14 Go to previous message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello pranab.sinha,

Depending on your needs you have to create/link a GPO for the users or/and
computers to get the WSUS policy configured. So create a new GPO, maybe WSUS,
and add the wuau.adm to the administrative templates. Now you see the possible
options for WSUS under copmputer configuration and also under user configuration
Administrative templates. This GPO you can now link to the OU where the computers
or/and users are located.

See here about:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc708574(WS.10).aspx

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Thanks to Meinolf Weber,
> Could you help me how to configured GPO in active directory , which
> will link to the OU where computers are located.
> In our environment we have 5 OU for different types of users with
> active directory group policy.
> But how to create seperate group policy or OU for WSUS server or users
> please help.
> 'Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS Wrote:
>
>> ;4492586']Hello pranab.sinha,
>>
>> Did you configure a GPO for WSUS with the wuau.adm file and link it
>> to
>> the
>> OU where computers are located?
>> Best regards
>>
>> Meinolf Weber
>> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers
>> no rights.
>> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
>> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>> Hi,
>>> I have installed WSUS server 3.1 in windows2k3
>>> installed WSUS in existing sql server
>>> but i am unble to updates the client or WSUS SERVER also not
>> updating
>>
>>> client!
>>> Wsus server getting/download MS patches regularly but not
>> distributing
>>
>>> to client.
>>> Our network is running in a windows Active directory
>>> http://forums.techarena.in
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
Previous Topic:DC question - Single point of failure?
Next Topic:Active directory offline mode.
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Oct 22 22:30:18 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05463 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software