Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » w2k3 R2 time services
w2k3 R2 time services [message #157022] Mon, 29 June 2009 11:37 Go to next message
piedmont  is currently offline piedmont  Belgium
Messages: 152
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Recently, I have make transition of AD from _OLD_ to _NEW_ server. All fsmo
roles are now on _NEW_ server.
_OLD_ server is still GC (together with _NEW_ server).

If I query fsmo roles, I get the following:

netdom query /domain:DOMAIN_NAME fsmo
Schema owner _NEW_.domain.grp
Domain role owner _NEW_..domain.grp
PDC role _NEW_..domain.grp
RID pool manager _NEW_..domain.grp
Infrastructure owner _NEW_..domain.grp

(where _NEW_ is new server :-) )

The problem is that the time services of the _NEW_ server is still synching
with the _OLD_ server.

When start/stop time service on _NEW_ server i get the following in the
event log (of _NEW_ server):

net stop w32time && net start w32time

The time provider NtpClient is currently receiving valid time data from
_OLD_SERVER.domain.grp (ntp.d|10.33.33.101:123->10.33.33.1:123).

Why is _NEW_ server synching with the _OLD_ one? One person using the client
computer call me today to ask why his computer
time is 10 minutes late comparing to the time of one other computer on the
network. I checked where that computer is authenticating on the network with
set logonserver and get the _OLD_ server for the answer. Is that OK or shuld
I somehow force the client computer to authenticate on _NEW_ server? If yes,
how?
How is possible that the client computer can't figure out what is the
acurate time server on the network. Is PDCe responsible for time services?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Mike
Re: w2k3 R2 time services [message #157025 is a reply to message #157022] Mon, 29 June 2009 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aceman  is currently offline aceman  United States
Messages: 5816
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
In news:%23ID629M%23JHA.2824@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
Mike <no@spam.com>, posted the following, which I replied to down below...: Hello Mike
> Hi,
>
> Recently, I have make transition of AD from _OLD_ to _NEW_ server.
> All fsmo roles are now on _NEW_ server.
> _OLD_ server is still GC (together with _NEW_ server).
>
> If I query fsmo roles, I get the following:
>
> netdom query /domain:DOMAIN_NAME fsmo
> Schema owner _NEW_.domain.grp
> Domain role owner _NEW_..domain.grp
> PDC role _NEW_..domain.grp
> RID pool manager _NEW_..domain.grp
> Infrastructure owner _NEW_..domain.grp
>
> (where _NEW_ is new server :-) )
>
> The problem is that the time services of the _NEW_ server is still
> synching with the _OLD_ server.
>
> When start/stop time service on _NEW_ server i get the following in
> the event log (of _NEW_ server):
>
> net stop w32time && net start w32time
>
> The time provider NtpClient is currently receiving valid time data
> from _OLD_SERVER.domain.grp (ntp.d|10.33.33.101:123->10.33.33.1:123).
>
> Why is _NEW_ server synching with the _OLD_ one? One person using the
> client computer call me today to ask why his computer
> time is 10 minutes late comparing to the time of one other computer
> on the network. I checked where that computer is authenticating on
> the network with set logonserver and get the _OLD_ server for the
> answer. Is that OK or shuld I somehow force the client computer to
> authenticate on _NEW_ server? If yes, how?
> How is possible that the client computer can't figure out what is the
> acurate time server on the network. Is PDCe responsible for time
> services?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answer.
>
> Mike

Was anything changed in the registry regarding time?

Is there a logon script, a GPO or some other thing running or altered on all machines forcing it to sync with the old server?

If everything is left as default, time sync automatically looks at the PDC Emulator of its domain for time source. Each domain has their own PDC Emulator and thus own time source. And of course, the PDC emulator would be configured to pull time from an internet time source, and the firewall would allow inbound UDP 123 to the PDC Emulator.

If anything was changed from the default, then that would have to be confifgured to now use the new server. If left default, nothing is needed to be done and all machines will automatically change themselves.

--
Ace

This posting is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Please reply back to the newsgroup/forum to benefit from collaboration among responding engineers, as well as to help others benefit from your resolution.

Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSA Messaging, MCT
Microsoft Certified Trainer
aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org
http://twitter.com/acefekay

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft PSS directly. Please check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
Re: w2k3 R2 time services [message #157028 is a reply to message #157025] Mon, 29 June 2009 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piedmont  is currently offline piedmont  Belgium
Messages: 152
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
"Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org>
wrote in message news:OM3WTcN%23JHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
In news:%23ID629M%23JHA.2824@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
Mike <no@spam.com>, posted the following, which I replied to down below...:
Hello Mike
> Hi,
>
> Recently, I have make transition of AD from _OLD_ to _NEW_ server.
> All fsmo roles are now on _NEW_ server.
> _OLD_ server is still GC (together with _NEW_ server).
>
> If I query fsmo roles, I get the following:
>
> netdom query /domain:DOMAIN_NAME fsmo
> Schema owner _NEW_.domain.grp
> Domain role owner _NEW_..domain.grp
> PDC role _NEW_..domain.grp
> RID pool manager _NEW_..domain.grp
> Infrastructure owner _NEW_..domain.grp
>
> (where _NEW_ is new server :-) )
>
> The problem is that the time services of the _NEW_ server is still
> synching with the _OLD_ server.
>
> When start/stop time service on _NEW_ server i get the following in
> the event log (of _NEW_ server):
>
> net stop w32time && net start w32time
>
> The time provider NtpClient is currently receiving valid time data
> from _OLD_SERVER.domain.grp (ntp.d|10.33.33.101:123->10.33.33.1:123).
>
> Why is _NEW_ server synching with the _OLD_ one? One person using the
> client computer call me today to ask why his computer
> time is 10 minutes late comparing to the time of one other computer
> on the network. I checked where that computer is authenticating on
> the network with set logonserver and get the _OLD_ server for the
> answer. Is that OK or shuld I somehow force the client computer to
> authenticate on _NEW_ server? If yes, how?
> How is possible that the client computer can't figure out what is the
> acurate time server on the network. Is PDCe responsible for time
> services?
>
> Thanks in advance for your answer.
>
> Mike

Was anything changed in the registry regarding time?

Is there a logon script, a GPO or some other thing running or altered on all
machines forcing it to sync with the old server?

If everything is left as default, time sync automatically looks at the PDC
Emulator of its domain for time source. Each domain has their own PDC
Emulator and thus own time source. And of course, the PDC emulator would be
configured to pull time from an internet time source, and the firewall would
allow inbound UDP 123 to the PDC Emulator.

If anything was changed from the default, then that would have to be
confifgured to now use the new server. If left default, nothing is needed to
be done and all machines will automatically change themselves.

--
Ace

************************************

Hi Ace,

No, nothing changed in the registry regarding time, and there is no
script/gpo forcing machines to synch time.
And finally I get this log entry in _NEW_ server:
Time Provider NtpClient: This machine is configured to use the domain
hierarchy to determine its time source, but it is the PDC emulator for the
domain at the root of the forest, so there is no machine above it in the
domain hierarchy to use as a time source. It is recommended that you either
configure a reliable time service in the root domain, or manually configure
the PDC to synchronize with an external time source. Otherwise, this
machine will function as the authoritative time source in the domain
hierarchy. If an external time source is not configured or used for this
computer, you may choose to disable the NtpClient.

I think that this is good point (prouve that Ace has right). Now what I
should do is to follow one of Microsoft kb to configure the time source on
the PDCe? Is that right?
Is this ok to follow? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042/en-us

What do you mean when saying "If left default, nothing is needed to be done
and all machines will automatically change themselves"?

Many thanks

Mike
Re: w2k3 R2 time services [message #157034 is a reply to message #157028] Mon, 29 June 2009 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aceman  is currently offline aceman  United States
Messages: 5816
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
"Mike" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:eyA0OkN%23JHA.1376@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> Hi Ace,
>
> No, nothing changed in the registry regarding time, and there is no
> script/gpo forcing machines to synch time.
> And finally I get this log entry in _NEW_ server:
> Time Provider NtpClient: This machine is configured to use the domain
> hierarchy to determine its time source, but it is the PDC emulator for the
> domain at the root of the forest, so there is no machine above it in the
> domain hierarchy to use as a time source. It is recommended that you either
> configure a reliable time service in the root domain, or manually configure
> the PDC to synchronize with an external time source. Otherwise, this
> machine will function as the authoritative time source in the domain
> hierarchy. If an external time source is not configured or used for this
> computer, you may choose to disable the NtpClient.
>
> I think that this is good point (prouve that Ace has right). Now what I
> should do is to follow one of Microsoft kb to configure the time source on
> the PDCe? Is that right?
> Is this ok to follow? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042/en-us
>
> What do you mean when saying "If left default, nothing is needed to be done
> and all machines will automatically change themselves"?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Mike


Hi Mike,

Yes, you can follow that article. Here are my notes on it, to make it easier. just follow the first set of commands at the top of the notes:

w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:192.5.41.41 /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time

Then on the other DC:
ON other machines:
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time

More notes:
============================================================ ==========================================
Configuring the time service on your PDC FSMO role holder

On the DC with the PDCEmulator FSMO:

w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:192.5.41.41 /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time

ON other machines:
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time


The "peers" can be a text file, or direct input, allowing you to set the time source, either DNS name
such as (time.windows.com, or an ip address for a reliable time source. I normally use 192.5.41.41.
On your edge firewall, make sure UDP port 123 traffic is allowed inbound from the time source.

Here you can find some time sources at this link:
The pool.ntp.org project is a big virtual cluster of timeservers striving to provide reliable and easy to use NTP service for millions of clients without putting

strain on the big popular timeservers.
http://www.pool.ntp.org/

If some domain machines have problems

w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update

After that run:
net stop w32time
net start w32time

Some links to read up on:

Time Service:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216734

How to configure an authoritative time server in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042/en-us

Change the Windows Time service configuration on the previous PDC emulator
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738042.aspx
============================================================ ==========================================

Ace
Re: w2k3 R2 time services [message #157047 is a reply to message #157022] Tue, 30 June 2009 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Mike,

As Ace already stated, you have to reconfigure the time service on the new
and previous PDCEmulator, this is not done when moving the FSMO roles to
a new DC.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Hi,
>
> Recently, I have make transition of AD from _OLD_ to _NEW_ server. All
> fsmo
> roles are now on _NEW_ server.
> _OLD_ server is still GC (together with _NEW_ server).
> If I query fsmo roles, I get the following:
>
> netdom query /domain:DOMAIN_NAME fsmo
> Schema owner _NEW_.domain.grp
> Domain role owner _NEW_..domain.grp
> PDC role _NEW_..domain.grp
> RID pool manager _NEW_..domain.grp
> Infrastructure owner _NEW_..domain.grp
> (where _NEW_ is new server :-) )
>
> The problem is that the time services of the _NEW_ server is still
> synching with the _OLD_ server.
>
> When start/stop time service on _NEW_ server i get the following in
> the event log (of _NEW_ server):
>
> net stop w32time && net start w32time
>
> The time provider NtpClient is currently receiving valid time data
> from _OLD_SERVER.domain.grp (ntp.d|10.33.33.101:123->10.33.33.1:123).
>
> Why is _NEW_ server synching with the _OLD_ one? One person using the
> client
> computer call me today to ask why his computer
> time is 10 minutes late comparing to the time of one other computer on
> the
> network. I checked where that computer is authenticating on the
> network with
> set logonserver and get the _OLD_ server for the answer. Is that OK or
> shuld
> I somehow force the client computer to authenticate on _NEW_ server?
> If yes,
> how?
> How is possible that the client computer can't figure out what is the
> acurate time server on the network. Is PDCe responsible for time
> services?
> Thanks in advance for your answer.
>
> Mike
>
Re: w2k3 R2 time services [message #157048 is a reply to message #157034] Tue, 30 June 2009 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piedmont  is currently offline piedmont  Belgium
Messages: 152
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Ace,

Your comment are (almost) clear (for me), however I would like to be sure
that I understand the meaning of all this.
For my understanding I should do the following:

on PDCe:
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:SOME_INTERNET_TIME_SERVER
/syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time
note: where SOME_INTERNET_TIME_SERVER should be changed with the ip address
of one reliable atomic time server on the web (from site
http://www.pool.ntp.org/)

On other DC/member servers/computers:
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:PDCe_IP_ADDRESS /syncfromflags:manual
/reliable:yes /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time
note: where PDCe_IP_ADDRESS is PDC role holder LAN ip address.

Is this scenario OK?

OR

on PDCe:
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:SOME_INTERNET_TIME_SERVER
/syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time
note: where SOME_INTERNET_TIME_SERVER should be changed with the ip address
of one reliable atomic time server on the web (from site
http://www.pool.ntp.org/)


On other DC/member servers/computers:
Nothing to do, they will figure out who is "responsible" for time in the
network

Is this correct to?


Many thanks in advance,


Mike


******************************



Hi Mike,

Yes, you can follow that article. Here are my notes on it, to make it
easier. just follow the first set of commands at the top of the notes:

w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:192.5.41.41 /syncfromflags:manual
/reliable:yes /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time

Then on the other DC:
ON other machines:
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes
/update
net stop w32time
net start w32time

More notes:
============================================================ ==========================================
Configuring the time service on your PDC FSMO role holder

On the DC with the PDCEmulator FSMO:

w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:192.5.41.41 /syncfromflags:manual
/reliable:yes /update
net stop w32time
net start w32time

ON other machines:
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes
/update
net stop w32time
net start w32time


The "peers" can be a text file, or direct input, allowing you to set the
time source, either DNS name
such as (time.windows.com, or an ip address for a reliable time source. I
normally use 192.5.41.41.
On your edge firewall, make sure UDP port 123 traffic is allowed inbound
from the time source.

Here you can find some time sources at this link:
The pool.ntp.org project is a big virtual cluster of timeservers striving to
provide reliable and easy to use NTP service for millions of clients without
putting

strain on the big popular timeservers.
http://www.pool.ntp.org/

If some domain machines have problems

w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update

After that run:
net stop w32time
net start w32time

Some links to read up on:

Time Service:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216734

How to configure an authoritative time server in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042/en-us

Change the Windows Time service configuration on the previous PDC emulator
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738042.aspx
============================================================ ==========================================

Ace
Re: w2k3 R2 time services [message #157049 is a reply to message #157048] Tue, 30 June 2009 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Mike,

No, on the new PDCEmulator:
w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update

Change peers with ip address.

On the old PDCEmulator:
w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update

After that run:
net stop w32time
net start w32time

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Hi Ace,
>
> Your comment are (almost) clear (for me), however I would like to be
> sure
> that I understand the meaning of all this.
> For my understanding I should do the following:
> on PDCe:
> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:SOME_INTERNET_TIME_SERVER
> /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
> net stop w32time
> net start w32time
> note: where SOME_INTERNET_TIME_SERVER should be changed with the ip
> address
> of one reliable atomic time server on the web (from site
> http://www.pool.ntp.org/)
> On other DC/member servers/computers:
> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:PDCe_IP_ADDRESS /syncfromflags:manual
> /reliable:yes /update
> net stop w32time
> net start w32time
> note: where PDCe_IP_ADDRESS is PDC role holder LAN ip address.
> Is this scenario OK?
>
> OR
>
> on PDCe:
> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:SOME_INTERNET_TIME_SERVER
> /syncfromflags:manual /reliable:yes /update
> net stop w32time
> net start w32time
> note: where SOME_INTERNET_TIME_SERVER should be changed with the ip
> address
> of one reliable atomic time server on the web (from site
> http://www.pool.ntp.org/)
> On other DC/member servers/computers:
> Nothing to do, they will figure out who is "responsible" for time in
> the
> network
> Is this correct to?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Mike
>
> ******************************
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Yes, you can follow that article. Here are my notes on it, to make it
> easier. just follow the first set of commands at the top of the notes:
>
> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:192.5.41.41 /syncfromflags:manual
> /reliable:yes /update
> net stop w32time
> net start w32time
> Then on the other DC:
> ON other machines:
> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:manual
> /reliable:yes
> /update
> net stop w32time
> net start w32time
> More notes:
>
> ============================================================ ==========
> ================================
>
> Configuring the time service on your PDC FSMO role holder
>
> On the DC with the PDCEmulator FSMO:
>
> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:192.5.41.41 /syncfromflags:manual
> /reliable:yes /update
> net stop w32time
> net start w32time
> ON other machines:
> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:manual
> /reliable:yes
> /update
> net stop w32time
> net start w32time
> The "peers" can be a text file, or direct input, allowing you to set
> the
> time source, either DNS name
> such as (time.windows.com, or an ip address for a reliable time
> source. I
> normally use 192.5.41.41.
> On your edge firewall, make sure UDP port 123 traffic is allowed
> inbound
> from the time source.
> Here you can find some time sources at this link:
> The pool.ntp.org project is a big virtual cluster of timeservers
> striving to
> provide reliable and easy to use NTP service for millions of clients
> without
> putting
> strain on the big popular timeservers.
> http://www.pool.ntp.org/
> If some domain machines have problems
>
> w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update
>
> After that run:
> net stop w32time
> net start w32time
> Some links to read up on:
>
> Time Service:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216734
> How to configure an authoritative time server in Windows Server 2003
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042/en-us
>
> Change the Windows Time service configuration on the previous PDC
> emulator
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc738042.aspx
>
> ============================================================ ==========
> ================================
>
> Ace
>
Re: w2k3 R2 time services [message #157096 is a reply to message #157049] Tue, 30 June 2009 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aceman  is currently offline aceman  United States
Messages: 5816
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
In news:ff16fb662899c8cbc787488c727c@msnews.microsoft.com,
Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] <meiweb(nospam)@gmx.de>, posted the following, which I replied to down below...: Hello Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]
> Hello Mike,
>
> No, on the new PDCEmulator:
> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:manual
> /reliable:yes /update
>
> Change peers with ip address.
>
> On the old PDCEmulator:
> w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update
>
> After that run:
> net stop w32time
> net start w32time


Ah yes, I should have stated to run "w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update" on the old PDC Emulator! Thanks for the correction!

Ace
Re: w2k3 R2 time services [message #157215 is a reply to message #157022] Thu, 02 July 2009 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Mike,

You're welcome.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Done!
>
> Many thanks to you Ace and Meinolf :-)
>
> Mike
>
> "Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]"
> <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org>
> wrote in message news:%2326uMRY%23JHA.4984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> In news:ff16fb662899c8cbc787488c727c@msnews.microsoft.com,
> Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] <meiweb(nospam)@gmx.de>, posted the following,
> which
> I replied to down below...: Hello Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]
>> Hello Mike,
>>
>> No, on the new PDCEmulator:
>> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:manual
>> /reliable:yes /update
>> Change peers with ip address.
>>
>> On the old PDCEmulator:
>> w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update
>> After that run:
>> net stop w32time
>> net start w32time
> Ah yes, I should have stated to run "w32tm /config
> /syncfromflags:domhier /update" on the old PDC Emulator! Thanks for
> the correction!
>
> Ace
>
Re: w2k3 R2 time services [message #157216 is a reply to message #157096] Thu, 02 July 2009 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
piedmont  is currently offline piedmont  Belgium
Messages: 152
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Done!

Many thanks to you Ace and Meinolf :-)

Mike


"Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org>
wrote in message news:%2326uMRY%23JHA.4984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
In news:ff16fb662899c8cbc787488c727c@msnews.microsoft.com,
Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] <meiweb(nospam)@gmx.de>, posted the following, which
I replied to down below...: Hello Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]
> Hello Mike,
>
> No, on the new PDCEmulator:
> w32tm /config /manualpeerlist:peers /syncfromflags:manual
> /reliable:yes /update
>
> Change peers with ip address.
>
> On the old PDCEmulator:
> w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update
>
> After that run:
> net stop w32time
> net start w32time


Ah yes, I should have stated to run "w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier
/update" on the old PDC Emulator! Thanks for the correction!

Ace
Re: w2k3 R2 time services [message #157222 is a reply to message #157216] Thu, 02 July 2009 08:20 Go to previous message
aceman  is currently offline aceman  United States
Messages: 5816
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
"Mike" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:%2386ZhQv%23JHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Done!
>
> Many thanks to you Ace and Meinolf :-)
>
> Mike

My pleasure!

Ace
Previous Topic:Applying Computer Settings
Next Topic:www.dudes-mall.com Ed hardy,(tshirt$13,swim strunk$25,jean$30,handbag$34,cap$13,sunglass$12,shoes$25
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Oct 21 19:00:58 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04542 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software