Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » Sample Applications for AD LDS and AD FS
Sample Applications for AD LDS and AD FS [message #157150] Wed, 01 July 2009 08:06 Go to next message
FB  is currently offline FB
Messages: 27
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Where i can find some aplications to use in a "demo" for AD FS and AD LDS
technologies?

I would like to demonstrate LDS and FS and i need an application to show how
an application can use that technologies
Re: Sample Applications for AD LDS and AD FS [message #157152 is a reply to message #157150] Wed, 01 July 2009 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
florian  is currently offline florian  Switzerland
Messages: 484
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Howdie!

FB wrote:
> Where i can find some aplications to use in a "demo" for AD FS and AD LDS
> technologies?
>
> I would like to demonstrate LDS and FS and i need an application to show how
> an application can use that technologies

I'd go for Windows Sharepoint Services. They're free and they're used as
a reference in all those ADFS Step-by-step guides. Sharepoint should be
good enough - AND you can set it up pretty easy.

Cheers,
Florian
Re: Sample Applications for AD LDS and AD FS [message #157153 is a reply to message #157152] Wed, 01 July 2009 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
florian  is currently offline florian  Switzerland
Messages: 484
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Howdie!

Florian Frommherz wrote:
> FB wrote:
>> Where i can find some aplications to use in a "demo" for AD FS and AD
>> LDS technologies?

> I'd go for Windows Sharepoint Services. They're free and they're used as
> a reference in all those ADFS Step-by-step guides. Sharepoint should be
> good enough - AND you can set it up pretty easy.

Disregard. I was reading "AD DS" where you clearly wrote "AD LDS".
Re: Sample Applications for AD LDS and AD FS [message #157154 is a reply to message #157150] Wed, 01 July 2009 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pbbergs  is currently offline pbbergs  United States
Messages: 1024
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Check out rDirectory for an AD LDS freeware test. It is offered by
Namescape, it is a employee directory website.

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services
MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"FB" <FB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D3D30C9D-F6E7-4B93-958D-5174CC52E843@microsoft.com...
>
> Where i can find some aplications to use in a "demo" for AD FS and AD LDS
> technologies?
>
> I would like to demonstrate LDS and FS and i need an application to show
> how
> an application can use that technologies
Re: Sample Applications for AD LDS and AD FS [message #157160 is a reply to message #157153] Wed, 01 July 2009 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joe Kaplan  is currently offline Joe Kaplan  United States
Messages: 88
Registered: July 2009
Member
Actually, ADFS allows the use of either AD DS or AD LDS as an account store
and ADFS can integrate with SharePoint, so this can work just fine.
Additionally, you can integrate SharePoint with AD LDS directly via LDAP
using the AD membership provider if you want.

Either way, SharePoint should be just fine as a sample app to use to
demonstrate either of these technologies.

--
Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
"Florian Frommherz" <florian@frickelsoft.DELETETHIS.net> wrote in message
news:OQPYGbk%23JHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Howdie!
>
> Florian Frommherz wrote:
>> FB wrote:
>>> Where i can find some aplications to use in a "demo" for AD FS and AD
>>> LDS technologies?
>
>> I'd go for Windows Sharepoint Services. They're free and they're used as
>> a reference in all those ADFS Step-by-step guides. Sharepoint should be
>> good enough - AND you can set it up pretty easy.
>
> Disregard. I was reading "AD DS" where you clearly wrote "AD LDS".
Re: Sample Applications for AD LDS and AD FS [message #157161 is a reply to message #157154] Wed, 01 July 2009 10:18 Go to previous message
FB  is currently offline FB
Messages: 27
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Tanks!


"Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]" wrote:

> Check out rDirectory for an AD LDS freeware test. It is offered by
> Namescape, it is a employee directory website.
>
> --
> Paul Bergson
> MVP - Directory Services
> MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
> 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
>
> http://www.pbbergs.com
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
> posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "FB" <FB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D3D30C9D-F6E7-4B93-958D-5174CC52E843@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Where i can find some aplications to use in a "demo" for AD FS and AD LDS
> > technologies?
> >
> > I would like to demonstrate LDS and FS and i need an application to show
> > how
> > an application can use that technologies
>
>
>
Re: Sample Applications for AD LDS and AD FS [message #157162 is a reply to message #157160] Wed, 01 July 2009 10:18 Go to previous message
FB  is currently offline FB
Messages: 27
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
After typing the e-mail i think about and maybe a Linux proxy (SQUID) maybe
can be used to authenticate via LDAP and a "Chat Server" called OpenFire (Old
WildFire) can be used to demonstrate the LDS integration and are general
available applications, anyone can have one to test and are largelly used
applications.



"Joe Kaplan" wrote:

> Actually, ADFS allows the use of either AD DS or AD LDS as an account store
> and ADFS can integrate with SharePoint, so this can work just fine.
> Additionally, you can integrate SharePoint with AD LDS directly via LDAP
> using the AD membership provider if you want.
>
> Either way, SharePoint should be just fine as a sample app to use to
> demonstrate either of these technologies.
>
> --
> Joe Kaplan-MS MVP Directory Services Programming
> Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services Programming"
> http://www.directoryprogramming.net
> "Florian Frommherz" <florian@frickelsoft.DELETETHIS.net> wrote in message
> news:OQPYGbk%23JHA.4692@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Howdie!
> >
> > Florian Frommherz wrote:
> >> FB wrote:
> >>> Where i can find some aplications to use in a "demo" for AD FS and AD
> >>> LDS technologies?
> >
> >> I'd go for Windows Sharepoint Services. They're free and they're used as
> >> a reference in all those ADFS Step-by-step guides. Sharepoint should be
> >> good enough - AND you can set it up pretty easy.
> >
> > Disregard. I was reading "AD DS" where you clearly wrote "AD LDS".
>
>
Previous Topic:Sense of Fashion is Social Marketplace
Next Topic:Default Gateway and Proxy server
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:02:16 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software