Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » using Admodify, version difference.
using Admodify, version difference. [message #157694] Sun, 12 July 2009 23:34 Go to next message
Chris  is currently offline Chris
Messages: 343
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Got a few questions about this article.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555603 ; How to move a database to another
Exchange Server 2003

1. I downloaded the latest Admodify 2.1.2761 at
http://admodify.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?Re leaseId=6065
but I can't find the E-mail address continues tab and no where to select
msExchHomeServerName to change Org, AG and server name. Did I do something
wrong?
2. I have an old version of Admodify 1.6 and it does give me those options.

Should I use the old version of Admodify? Or it has changed in the new
version?
Re: using Admodify, version difference. [message #157695 is a reply to message #157694] Mon, 13 July 2009 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Syed Khairuddin  is currently offline Syed Khairuddin  Saudi Arabia
Messages: 77
Registered: June 2009
Member
Its better if you can directly post this query in Exchange forums

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/ex changeserver
Re: using Admodify, version difference. [message #157704 is a reply to message #157694] Mon, 13 July 2009 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Syed Khairuddin  is currently offline Syed Khairuddin  Saudi Arabia
Messages: 77
Registered: June 2009
Member
Hello,

Check the account permissons. try to run the tool using
administrator account and Enterprise admin account.

http://www.msexchange.org/articles/ADModify-Change-Exchange- Specific-AD-User-Attributes.html.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/08/04/208045.aspx



On Jul 13, 6:34 am, Chris <Ch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Got a few questions about this article.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555603; How to move a database to another
> Exchange Server 2003
>
> 1. I downloaded the latest Admodify 2.1.2761 athttp://admodify.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx? ReleaseId=6065
> but I can't find the E-mail address continues tab and no where to select
> msExchHomeServerName to change Org, AG and server name.  Did I do something
> wrong?
> 2. I have an old version of Admodify 1.6 and it does give me those options.  
>
> Should I use the old version of Admodify?  Or it has changed in the new
> version?
Re: using Admodify, version difference. [message #157757 is a reply to message #157694] Tue, 14 July 2009 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pbbergs  is currently offline pbbergs  United States
Messages: 1024
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
As Syed pointed out this should be posted in the Exchange forum, which I
have copied in.

I would look at bringing up another data staore on the destination Exchange
server and just start moving mailboxes.

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services
MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0752418A-C35F-4B34-B58C-4353AC0001F9@microsoft.com...
> Got a few questions about this article.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555603 ; How to move a database to another
> Exchange Server 2003
>
> 1. I downloaded the latest Admodify 2.1.2761 at
> http://admodify.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?Re leaseId=6065
> but I can't find the E-mail address continues tab and no where to select
> msExchHomeServerName to change Org, AG and server name. Did I do
> something
> wrong?
> 2. I have an old version of Admodify 1.6 and it does give me those
> options.
>
> Should I use the old version of Admodify? Or it has changed in the new
> version?
>
Re: using Admodify, version difference. [message #157803 is a reply to message #157757] Tue, 14 July 2009 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jamestechman  is currently offline jamestechman  United States
Messages: 277
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Can't speak on the version changes but probably need to go with making
a "custom" attribute change.


James Chong (MVP)
MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+
Security+, Project+, ITIL
msexchangetips.blogspot.com



On Jul 14, 8:21 am, "Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]" <pbbergs@no_spammsn.com>
wrote:
> As Syed pointed out this should be posted in the Exchange forum, which I
> have copied in.
>
> I would look at bringing up another data staore on the destination Exchange
> server and just start moving mailboxes.
>
> --
> Paul Bergson
> MVP - Directory Services
> MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
> 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
> Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009
>
> http://www.pbbergs.com
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
> posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Chris" <Ch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news:0752418A-C35F-4B34-B58C-4353AC0001F9@microsoft.com...
>
>
>
> > Got a few questions about this article.
> >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555603; How to move a database to another
> > Exchange Server 2003
>
> > 1. I downloaded the latest Admodify 2.1.2761 at
> > http://admodify.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?Re leaseId=6065
> > but I can't find the E-mail address continues tab and no where to select
> > msExchHomeServerName to change Org, AG and server name.  Did I do
> > something
> > wrong?
> > 2. I have an old version of Admodify 1.6 and it does give me those
> > options.
>
> > Should I use the old version of Admodify?  Or it has changed in the new
> > version?- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
Re: using Admodify, version difference. [message #157813 is a reply to message #157757] Tue, 14 July 2009 20:57 Go to previous message
richnews  is currently offline richnews  United States
Messages: 1278
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:21:00 -0500, "Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]"
<pbbergs@no_spammsn.com> wrote:

>As Syed pointed out this should be posted in the Exchange forum, which I
>have copied in.
>
>I would look at bringing up another data staore on the destination Exchange
>server and just start moving mailboxes.

Unless it's a move of the database between AD forests, I'd agree.

[ snip ]

>"Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>news:0752418A-C35F-4B34-B58C-4353AC0001F9@microsoft.com...
>> Got a few questions about this article.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555603 ; How to move a database to another
>> Exchange Server 2003
>>
>> 1. I downloaded the latest Admodify 2.1.2761 at
>> http://admodify.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?Re leaseId=6065
>> but I can't find the E-mail address continues tab and no where to select
>> msExchHomeServerName to change Org, AG and server name. Did I do
>> something
>> wrong?
>> 2. I have an old version of Admodify 1.6 and it does give me those
>> options.
>>
>> Should I use the old version of Admodify? Or it has changed in the new
>> version?

You'd use the "Custom" tab. The attribute name is
'msExchHomeServerName'. You can get the format of the property value
in either ADSIEDIT of LDP. If the move is between servers in the same
organization and administrative group then you'd change only the
server name (but if that's the case it's a whole lot safer to move
mailboxes to another server than it is to go through all of this).
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
Previous Topic:Prep forest/domains for 2003 64-bit R2 in a 2003 32-bit R2 forest?
Next Topic:ADPREP on Server 2003 RS
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:06:43 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04562 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software