Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » GP Error, not in a valid format and must be replaced
GP Error, not in a valid format and must be replaced [message #159846] Mon, 10 August 2009 13:34 Go to next message
doc_king  is currently offline doc_king
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

I have a strange one. On a 2003 domain, I have numerous GPOs what when
openend with the GPMC, throw the following error:

An error has occurred while collecting data for Administrative templates.

The .adm file
" \\DC001.ah.org\SysVol\xx.yyy\Policies\{E6331D18-B3D9-4114-AF 3C-61CADD65B1AE}\adm\1_AD_TS.adm "
is in not in a valid format and must be replaced. Details: A value name is
expected before line 1232.

Any recommendations on how to replace these other than making new GPOs and
manually configuring?

I am also getting security inconsistencies when I click on another existing
GPO.

Thanks!

-Chris
Re: GP Error, not in a valid format and must be replaced [message #159847 is a reply to message #159846] Mon, 10 August 2009 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
florian  is currently offline florian  Germany
Messages: 484
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Howdie!

doc_king schrieb:
> I have a strange one. On a 2003 domain, I have numerous GPOs what when
> openend with the GPMC, throw the following error:
>
> An error has occurred while collecting data for Administrative templates.
>
> The .adm file
> " \\DC001.ah.org\SysVol\xx.yyy\Policies\{E6331D18-B3D9-4114-AF 3C-61CADD65B1AE}\adm\1_AD_TS.adm "
> is in not in a valid format and must be replaced. Details: A value name is
> expected before line 1232.

is that a custom ADM template file? Have you checked the line and the
area around it specified?

> I am also getting security inconsistencies when I click on another existing
> GPO.

What do you mean by "security inconsistencies"?

Cheers,
Florian
--
Microsoft MVP - Group Policy
eMail: prename [at] frickelsoft [dot] net.
blog: http://www.frickelsoft.net/blog.
Maillist (german): http://frickelsoft.net/cms/index.php?page=mailingliste
Re: GP Error, not in a valid format and must be replaced [message #159848 is a reply to message #159847] Mon, 10 August 2009 14:04 Go to previous message
doc_king  is currently offline doc_king
Messages: 4
Registered: August 2009
Junior Member
Ah, good idea. I see the line refers to a Citrix tweak:

VALUENAME "sTimeFormat"
VALUE "H:mm:ss" // I beleve that is the wrong date
format/looks like it.
(line 1232:)
I think the issue has to do with this being a citrix template that needs to
be rebuilt!

About the security message, I knew you were going to ask that. It indicates
inconsistencies on the sysvol folder and a MS KB reference but clicking
through reapplies the permissions and the messsage goes away.

Thanks for your help!

C


--
-Chris


"Florian Frommherz [MVP]" wrote:

> Howdie!
>
> doc_king schrieb:
> > I have a strange one. On a 2003 domain, I have numerous GPOs what when
> > openend with the GPMC, throw the following error:
> >
> > An error has occurred while collecting data for Administrative templates.
> >
> > The .adm file
> > " \\DC001.ah.org\SysVol\xx.yyy\Policies\{E6331D18-B3D9-4114-AF 3C-61CADD65B1AE}\adm\1_AD_TS.adm "
> > is in not in a valid format and must be replaced. Details: A value name is
> > expected before line 1232.
>
> is that a custom ADM template file? Have you checked the line and the
> area around it specified?
>
> > I am also getting security inconsistencies when I click on another existing
> > GPO.
>
> What do you mean by "security inconsistencies"?
>
> Cheers,
> Florian
> --
> Microsoft MVP - Group Policy
> eMail: prename [at] frickelsoft [dot] net.
> blog: http://www.frickelsoft.net/blog.
> Maillist (german): http://frickelsoft.net/cms/index.php?page=mailingliste
>
Previous Topic:ADUC won't open
Next Topic:Domain Controller power up sequence and virtualization?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jan 18 20:49:17 MST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02881 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software