Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » Re: IMpact of changing the IP address of a Domain Controller
Re: IMpact of changing the IP address of a Domain Controller [message #160856] Wed, 09 September 2009 10:24 Go to next message
sudh17  is currently offline sudh17  United States
Messages: 1
Registered: September 2009
Junior Member
Hello,

I am running a native Windows 2003's Forest with only one Active
Directory and exchange server 2003 .
I have 3 additional Domain Controller and 3 additional exchange server
. I need to change the iP address of one of additional Domain Controller
and additional exchange server . on Additional Domain Controller i have
installed DNS server.

I want know what is complete step to change of ip address ?

Thanking you

sudhir


--
sudh17
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
sudh17's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/133742.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1060546.htm

http://forums.techarena.in
Re: IMpact of changing the IP address of a Domain Controller [message #160859 is a reply to message #160856] Wed, 09 September 2009 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
florian  is currently offline florian  Germany
Messages: 484
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Howdie!sudh17 schrieb:
> I am running a native Windows 2003's Forest with only one Active
> Directory and exchange server 2003 .
> I have 3 additional Domain Controller and 3 additional exchange server
> . I need to change the iP address of one of additional Domain Controller
> and additional exchange server . on Additional Domain Controller i have
> installed DNS server.

Is that one box (AD and Exchange on the same machine) or two machines
(one domain controller, one Exchange server)?

Not sure for Exchange, but for AD, you would pretty simply just change
the IP address and reboot the machine. Make sure it has registered the
new IP address in DNS so that when doing an nslookup on the domain name
as well as on the dc's name, you get the new IP address. Depending on
the DNS configuration, you would need to manually delete the old IP
address off DNS.

Cheers,
Florian
--
Microsoft MVP - Group Policy
eMail: prename [at] frickelsoft [dot] net.
blog: http://www.frickelsoft.net/blog.
Maillist (german): http://frickelsoft.net/cms/index.php?page=mailingliste
Re: IMpact of changing the IP address of a Domain Controller [message #160882 is a reply to message #160856] Thu, 10 September 2009 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb  is currently offline meiweb  Germany
Messages: 2225
Registered: September 2009
Senior Member
Hello sudh17,

Change the address and run ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns,
then restart the netlogon service, run netdiag /fix or reboot the machine.
After that check in the DNS zones that the new ip addresses are listed correct.

Make sure the DHCP client service ist started, this is needed for DNS registration
even if fixed ip addresses are used.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Hello,
>
> I am running a native Windows 2003's Forest with only one Active
> Directory and exchange server 2003 .
> I have 3 additional Domain Controller and 3 additional exchange server
> . I need to change the iP address of one of additional Domain
> Controller
> and additional exchange server . on Additional Domain Controller i
> have
> installed DNS server.
> I want know what is complete step to change of ip address ?
>
> Thanking you
>
> sudhir
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
Re: IMpact of changing the IP address of a Domain Controller [message #162104 is a reply to message #160856] Wed, 14 October 2009 15:31 Go to previous message
SubstituteThisWithMyF  is currently offline SubstituteThisWithMyF  Netherlands
Messages: 85
Registered: October 2009
Member
although not 100% your scenario, check out:
http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2005/11/25/165. aspx

--

Cheers,
(HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU!)

# Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Identity & Access - Directory Services #

BLOG (WEB-BASED)--> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/default.aspx
BLOG (RSS-FEEDS)--> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/rss.aspx
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
* Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------
#################################################
#################################################
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------

"sudh17" <sudh17.3y9ajb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:sudh17.3y9ajb@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> Hello,
>
> I am running a native Windows 2003's Forest with only one Active
> Directory and exchange server 2003 .
> I have 3 additional Domain Controller and 3 additional exchange server
> I need to change the iP address of one of additional Domain Controller
> and additional exchange server . on Additional Domain Controller i have
> installed DNS server.
>
> I want know what is complete step to change of ip address ?
>
> Thanking you
>
> sudhir
>
>
> --
> sudh17
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
> sudh17's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/133742.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1060546.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
> signature database 4507 (20091014) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4507 (20091014) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com
Previous Topic:Implementing strong password policy
Next Topic:RODC prepopulate passwords
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Jan 18 20:46:12 MST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04570 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software