Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » Where is the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute
Where is the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute [message #160955] Fri, 11 September 2009 05:04 Go to next message
Waldy  is currently offline Waldy  United Kingdom
Messages: 11
Registered: August 2009
Junior Member
Hi there,
according to an MS technet article, when using a Resource
Forest for Exchange, you create a disabled user account with a mailbox and
then associate the mailbox with an active user account in another forest.
You do this by setting the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute to the SID of
the active user. Where is that attribute, I cant see it in AD. Also, how
do I retreive the relevant users SID in order to set this attribute?
Re: Where is the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute [message #160959 is a reply to message #160955] Fri, 11 September 2009 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Waldy  is currently offline Waldy  United Kingdom
Messages: 11
Registered: August 2009
Junior Member
OK the SID is very simple to retrive via scripting, as shown below. I just
need to know where the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute is that I need to
set.

strComputer = "."
strUser = "administrator"
strDomain = "test"

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set objAccount = objWMIService.Get _
("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & strUser & "',Domain='" & strDomain & "'")

Wscript.Echo objAccount.SID
Re: Where is the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute [message #160967 is a reply to message #160959] Fri, 11 September 2009 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KevinJ.SBS  is currently offline KevinJ.SBS  United States
Messages: 653
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Have you already extended the schema for Exchange in your AD forest &
domain?


Waldy wrote:
> OK the SID is very simple to retrive via scripting, as shown below. I just
> need to know where the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute is
> that I need to set.
>
> strComputer = "."
> strUser = "administrator"
> strDomain = "test"
>
> Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer &
> "\root\cimv2")
> Set objAccount = objWMIService.Get _
> ("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & strUser & "',Domain='" & strDomain &
> "'")
> Wscript.Echo objAccount.SID

--
/kj
Re: Where is the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute [message #161077 is a reply to message #160967] Tue, 15 September 2009 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Waldy  is currently offline Waldy  United Kingdom
Messages: 11
Registered: August 2009
Junior Member
Hi there,
I'm looking on a test system where Exchange is already
installed, so I would imagine that has already been done.

"kj [SBS MVP]" <KevinJ.SBS@SPAMFREE.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:Ox4LbbwMKHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Have you already extended the schema for Exchange in your AD forest &
> domain?
>
>
> Waldy wrote:
>> OK the SID is very simple to retrive via scripting, as shown below. I
>> just need to know where the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute is
>> that I need to set.
>>
>> strComputer = "."
>> strUser = "administrator"
>> strDomain = "test"
>>
>> Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer &
>> "\root\cimv2")
>> Set objAccount = objWMIService.Get _
>> ("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & strUser & "',Domain='" & strDomain &
>> "'")
>> Wscript.Echo objAccount.SID
>
> --
> /kj
>
Re: Where is the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute [message #162100 is a reply to message #160955] Wed, 14 October 2009 15:24 Go to previous message
SubstituteThisWithMyF  is currently offline SubstituteThisWithMyF  Netherlands
Messages: 85
Registered: October 2009
Member
that's done by assigning "Associated External Account" permissions to the
ACTIVE user on the DISABLED user

--

Cheers,
(HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU!)

# Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Identity & Access - Directory Services #

BLOG (WEB-BASED)--> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/default.aspx
BLOG (RSS-FEEDS)--> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/rss.aspx
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------
* This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
* Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------
#################################################
#################################################
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------

"Waldy" <someonenot@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:#2e#t#sMKHA.504@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi there,
> according to an MS technet article, when using a Resource
> Forest for Exchange, you create a disabled user account with a mailbox and
> then associate the mailbox with an active user account in another forest.
> You do this by setting the msExchMasterAccountSID attribute to the SID of
> the active user. Where is that attribute, I cant see it in AD. Also, how
> do I retreive the relevant users SID in order to set this attribute?
>
>
> __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus
> signature database 4507 (20091014) __________
>
> The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.
>
> http://www.eset.com
>
>
>

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4507 (20091014) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com
Previous Topic:Win2k3 domain JRNL_WRAP_ERROR
Next Topic:Re: Sun ONE 5.2 Migration to Windows 2003 Active Directory
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Jan 20 08:29:28 MST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05907 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software