Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Windows Server General Help » Network
Network [message #163331] Fri, 29 May 2009 04:17 Go to next message
Muhammad Bilal  is currently offline Muhammad Bilal
Messages: 80
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi.

I am using windows server 2003 sp2. Problem is that whenever network is
enabled system stops reponding after 10 - 15 minutes while applications which
are opened still work properly.


Regards,
Muhammad Bilal
Re: Network [message #163334 is a reply to message #163331] Fri, 29 May 2009 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Muhammad,

What do you mean with system stops responding, please be more specific? Also
check event viewer for error messages and post them here. Is that directly
on the server or via remote desktop, with user account or administrator?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Hi.
>
> I am using windows server 2003 sp2. Problem is that whenever network
> is enabled system stops reponding after 10 - 15 minutes while
> applications which are opened still work properly.
>
> Regards,
> Muhammad Bilal
Re: Network [message #163353 is a reply to message #163334] Fri, 29 May 2009 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muhammad Bilal  is currently offline Muhammad Bilal
Messages: 80
Registered: July 2009
Member
Thankx for your support.

I am using Windows Server 2003 with SP2. I mean that system hangs up while
opened applications still runs properly. As if I opened an Office
Application ,SQL Server or FTP client they work fine but other than the
opened application I cannot do any thing. system does not allow me to even
right click on the desktop or press the start button.
I logon directly on server with Administrator rights and system is connected
to a domain. Problem is that there is no error or warning message shown in
the event viewer.

I think this information may be helpful for you in resolving my problem.


Regards,
Muhammad Bilal.


"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" wrote:

> Hello Muhammad,
>
> What do you mean with system stops responding, please be more specific? Also
> check event viewer for error messages and post them here. Is that directly
> on the server or via remote desktop, with user account or administrator?
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I am using windows server 2003 sp2. Problem is that whenever network
> > is enabled system stops reponding after 10 - 15 minutes while
> > applications which are opened still work properly.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Muhammad Bilal
>
>
>
Re: Network [message #163362 is a reply to message #163353] Fri, 29 May 2009 14:36 Go to previous message
Nick  is currently offline Nick
Messages: 153
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
I would start by trying to isolate a particular service or driver.

Open task manager prior to the hang. Monitor the processes and cpu usage.
See if anything seems out of the ordinary prior to it hanging. Maximize the
task manger window so if it does hang you can see all of the running
processes as well as CPU usage at hang time.

Check the server for viruses.

After the system hangs can you access it through the network by typing
\\computername or \\ip_address try this on the local machine as well as a
networked machine.


"Muhammad Bilal" wrote:

> Thankx for your support.
>
> I am using Windows Server 2003 with SP2. I mean that system hangs up while
> opened applications still runs properly. As if I opened an Office
> Application ,SQL Server or FTP client they work fine but other than the
> opened application I cannot do any thing. system does not allow me to even
> right click on the desktop or press the start button.
> I logon directly on server with Administrator rights and system is connected
> to a domain. Problem is that there is no error or warning message shown in
> the event viewer.
>
> I think this information may be helpful for you in resolving my problem.
>
>
> Regards,
> Muhammad Bilal.
>
>
> "Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" wrote:
>
> > Hello Muhammad,
> >
> > What do you mean with system stops responding, please be more specific? Also
> > check event viewer for error messages and post them here. Is that directly
> > on the server or via remote desktop, with user account or administrator?
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Meinolf Weber
> > Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> > no rights.
> > ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> > ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
> >
> >
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > I am using windows server 2003 sp2. Problem is that whenever network
> > > is enabled system stops reponding after 10 - 15 minutes while
> > > applications which are opened still work properly.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Muhammad Bilal
> >
> >
> >
Previous Topic:Radius
Next Topic:non interactive initiator scripting
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Aug 22 14:50:51 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03977 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software