Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Windows Server General Help » RDP to server not responding
RDP to server not responding [message #163749] Sat, 06 June 2009 11:04 Go to next message
Joey  is currently offline Joey  United States
Messages: 51
Registered: August 2009
Member
I got a server after running for a while, RDP to it no longer works. After a
reboot it works again. any ideas?
Re: RDP to server not responding [message #163750 is a reply to message #163749] Sat, 06 June 2009 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frankster  is currently offline Frankster
Messages: 147
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
"Joey" <joey@joey.com> wrote in message
news:OX0lRgr5JHA.480@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I got a server after running for a while, RDP to it no longer works. After
>a reboot it works again. any ideas?
>

This article might help...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775309.aspx

-Frank
Re: RDP to server not responding [message #163755 is a reply to message #163749] Sat, 06 June 2009 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello joey,

Your description is a bit less, please give some info about OS version and
SP/patch level. What is the server used for and how is the network built?
Does the server use more then one NIC on the same network, please post an
unedited ipconfig /all from it?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> I got a server after running for a while, RDP to it no longer works.
> After a reboot it works again. any ideas?
>
Re: RDP to server not responding [message #163761 is a reply to message #163755] Sat, 06 June 2009 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joey  is currently offline Joey  United States
Messages: 51
Registered: August 2009
Member
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : host
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : domain.com
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : domain.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : domain.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE
(NDIS
VBD Client)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-19-B9-B8-44-87
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.103
10.10.10.102
Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.101
"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb(nospam)@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:ff16fb66262ed8cbb4fca73a6d63@msnews.microsoft.com...
> Hello joey,
>
> Your description is a bit less, please give some info about OS version and
> SP/patch level. What is the server used for and how is the network built?
> Does the server use more then one NIC on the same network, please post an
> unedited ipconfig /all from it?
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
>> I got a server after running for a while, RDP to it no longer works.
>> After a reboot it works again. any ideas?
>>
>
>
Re: RDP to server not responding [message #163762 is a reply to message #163755] Sat, 06 June 2009 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joey  is currently offline Joey  United States
Messages: 51
Registered: August 2009
Member
Hi

This is Windows 2003 SE 32bit OS. 4GB Ram. Its an application server with
only 1 NIC. It has HBA to a SAN and I noticed pretty busy I/O even though
memory/CPU is not a lot.

I am running perfmon on it right now and get these values

Memory:

Free System Page Table Entries: 36078
PAges/Sec: 4325
Pool Nonpages Bytes: 66834432
Pool Pages Bytes: 98238464

Should I be concerned?

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb(nospam)@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:ff16fb66262ed8cbb4fca73a6d63@msnews.microsoft.com...
> Hello joey,
>
> Your description is a bit less, please give some info about OS version and
> SP/patch level. What is the server used for and how is the network built?
> Does the server use more then one NIC on the same network, please post an
> unedited ipconfig /all from it?
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
>> I got a server after running for a while, RDP to it no longer works.
>> After a reboot it works again. any ideas?
>>
>
>
Re: RDP to server not responding [message #163769 is a reply to message #163761] Sun, 07 June 2009 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello joey,

The ipconfig looks ok, so we cna exclude this.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Windows IP Configuration
>
> Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : host
> Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : domain.com
> Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
> IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
> WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
> DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : domain.com
> Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
>
> Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : domain.com
> Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II
> GigE
> (NDIS
> VBD Client)
> Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-19-B9-B8-44-87
> DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
> IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.5
> Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
> Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.1
> DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.103
> 10.10.10.102
> Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.101
> "Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb(nospam)@gmx.de> wrote in message
> news:ff16fb66262ed8cbb4fca73a6d63@msnews.microsoft.com...
>
>> Hello joey,
>>
>> Your description is a bit less, please give some info about OS
>> version and SP/patch level. What is the server used for and how is
>> the network built? Does the server use more then one NIC on the same
>> network, please post an unedited ipconfig /all from it?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Meinolf Weber
>> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.
>> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
>> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>> I got a server after running for a while, RDP to it no longer works.
>>> After a reboot it works again. any ideas?
>>>
Re: RDP to server not responding [message #163770 is a reply to message #163762] Sun, 07 June 2009 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meinolf Weber MVP-DS  is currently offline Meinolf Weber MVP-DS  Germany
Messages: 129
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello joey,

How big is your pagefile on the server? Try to increase it to 2.5 the amount
of RAM and see if it hepls. A value above 20 for Pages/sec. is considered
to be problematic, but it may indicate a problem with the way that your virtual
memory is configured rather than a problem with the physical memory.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Hi
>
> This is Windows 2003 SE 32bit OS. 4GB Ram. Its an application server
> with only 1 NIC. It has HBA to a SAN and I noticed pretty busy I/O
> even though memory/CPU is not a lot.
>
> I am running perfmon on it right now and get these values
>
> Memory:
>
> Free System Page Table Entries: 36078
> PAges/Sec: 4325
> Pool Nonpages Bytes: 66834432
> Pool Pages Bytes: 98238464
> Should I be concerned?
>
> "Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb(nospam)@gmx.de> wrote in message
> news:ff16fb66262ed8cbb4fca73a6d63@msnews.microsoft.com...
>
>> Hello joey,
>>
>> Your description is a bit less, please give some info about OS
>> version and SP/patch level. What is the server used for and how is
>> the network built? Does the server use more then one NIC on the same
>> network, please post an unedited ipconfig /all from it?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Meinolf Weber
>> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.
>> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
>> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>> I got a server after running for a while, RDP to it no longer works.
>>> After a reboot it works again. any ideas?
>>>
Re: RDP to server not responding [message #163781 is a reply to message #163761] Sun, 07 June 2009 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aceman  is currently offline aceman  United States
Messages: 5816
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
"Joey" <joey@joey.com> wrote in message
news:e8ORIbu5JHA.1092@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Windows IP Configuration
>
[snipped]

Joey,

Is this thread related to the other thread about the PAE switch?

Ace
Re: RDP to server not responding [message #163825 is a reply to message #163781] Mon, 08 June 2009 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joey  is currently offline Joey  United States
Messages: 51
Registered: August 2009
Member
yes it is. I saw in the registry that the value 60 was already created for
PoolUsageMaximum
"Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org>
wrote in message news:ONXhXB95JHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> "Joey" <joey@joey.com> wrote in message
> news:e8ORIbu5JHA.1092@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Windows IP Configuration
>>
> [snipped]
>
> Joey,
>
> Is this thread related to the other thread about the PAE switch?
>
> Ace
>
>
>
>
Re: RDP to server not responding [message #163831 is a reply to message #163825] Mon, 08 June 2009 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aceman  is currently offline aceman  United States
Messages: 5816
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
"Joey" <joey@joey.com> wrote in message
news:%23GOM3mF6JHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> yes it is. I saw in the registry that the value 60 was already created for

So did you follow that KB article???

Ace
Re: RDP to server not responding [message #163840 is a reply to message #163831] Mon, 08 June 2009 19:35 Go to previous message
Joey  is currently offline Joey  United States
Messages: 51
Registered: August 2009
Member
yes. server still having issues. Under

shared folders, Sessions and Open files,

a lot of open files and sessions


"Ace Fekay [Microsoft Certified Trainer]" <aceman@mvps.RemoveThisPart.org>
wrote in message news:uF0NQzF6JHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> "Joey" <joey@joey.com> wrote in message
> news:%23GOM3mF6JHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> yes it is. I saw in the registry that the value 60 was already created
>> for
>
> So did you follow that KB article???
>
> Ace
>
>
>
Previous Topic:Can a "Scheduled Task" use a CAC
Next Topic:windows could not start because the following file is missing
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 18 04:56:56 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04577 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software