Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Windows Server General Help » client time sync problem to sbs
client time sync problem to sbs [message #164025] Fri, 12 June 2009 06:29 Go to next message
Newbie  is currently offline Newbie
Messages: 86
Registered: July 2009
Member
I have a new sbs 2003 r2 server with 5 new xppro computers added. 4 of them
work fine. However, one of them keeps changing its time(clock time) which
interferes with one of the apps accross the network.
Is there a way to synchronize all of the client computers time to the server
clock? or is it si\omthing else
I hope someone can help
thanking you in advance
Re: client time sync problem to sbs [message #164030 is a reply to message #164025] Fri, 12 June 2009 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Newbie,

Make sure the firewall, if activated, doesn't block port 123 UDP and the
time zone are the same as on the DC.

To configure a client computer for automatic domain time synchronization

w32tm /config /syncfromflags:domhier /update

After that run:
net stop w32time
net start w32time

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> I have a new sbs 2003 r2 server with 5 new xppro computers added. 4 of
> them
> work fine. However, one of them keeps changing its time(clock time)
> which
> interferes with one of the apps accross the network.
> Is there a way to synchronize all of the client computers time to the
> server
> clock? or is it si\omthing else
> I hope someone can help
> thanking you in advance
Re: client time sync problem to sbs [message #164034 is a reply to message #164025] Fri, 12 June 2009 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lanwench  is currently offline lanwench  United States
Messages: 1684
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
newbie <not@available.com.au> wrote:
> I have a new sbs 2003 r2 server with 5 new xppro computers added. 4
> of them work fine. However, one of them keeps changing its time(clock
> time) which interferes with one of the apps accross the network.
> Is there a way to synchronize all of the client computers time to the
> server clock? or is it si\omthing else
> I hope someone can help
> thanking you in advance

What does it change *to*? Are you certain the time zone is correct, and the
daylight savings time settings? By default all workstations sync
automatically with the PDC emulator (your SBS box).
Re: client time sync problem to sbs [message #164035 is a reply to message #164034] Fri, 12 June 2009 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Newbie  is currently offline Newbie
Messages: 86
Registered: July 2009
Member
thanks for replying.
the time zones appear to be the sane but not all the client machines show
the same time. Is there any utility I can run to fix this?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmailatyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:O1A4$V16JHA.5180@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> newbie <not@available.com.au> wrote:
>> I have a new sbs 2003 r2 server with 5 new xppro computers added. 4
>> of them work fine. However, one of them keeps changing its time(clock
>> time) which interferes with one of the apps accross the network.
>> Is there a way to synchronize all of the client computers time to the
>> server clock? or is it si\omthing else
>> I hope someone can help
>> thanking you in advance
>
> What does it change *to*? Are you certain the time zone is correct, and
> the daylight savings time settings? By default all workstations sync
> automatically with the PDC emulator (your SBS box).
>
Re: client time sync problem to sbs [message #164036 is a reply to message #164035] Fri, 12 June 2009 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb(nospam)  is currently offline meiweb(nospam)  Germany
Messages: 1307
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hello Newbie,

Choose the command i posted before to sync the time with the domain.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> thanks for replying.
> the time zones appear to be the sane but not all the client machines
> show
> the same time. Is there any utility I can run to fix this?
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmailatyahoo.com> wrote in
> message news:O1A4$V16JHA.5180@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
>> newbie <not@available.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a new sbs 2003 r2 server with 5 new xppro computers added. 4
>>> of them work fine. However, one of them keeps changing its
>>> time(clock
>>> time) which interferes with one of the apps accross the network.
>>> Is there a way to synchronize all of the client computers time to
>>> the
>>> server clock? or is it si\omthing else
>>> I hope someone can help
>>> thanking you in advance
>> What does it change *to*? Are you certain the time zone is correct,
>> and the daylight savings time settings? By default all workstations
>> sync automatically with the PDC emulator (your SBS box).
>>
Re: client time sync problem to sbs [message #164088 is a reply to message #164025] Sun, 14 June 2009 22:28 Go to previous message
Newbie  is currently offline Newbie
Messages: 86
Registered: July 2009
Member
thanks and sorry for not understanding
do I need to put the command in a batch file and run it,
tried straight from rum cmd (on client machine)but got not found error
regards
"newbie" <not@available.com.au> wrote in message
news:Wp-dne8nu7BtsK_XnZ2dnUVZ_jydnZ2d@adnap.net.au...
>I have a new sbs 2003 r2 server with 5 new xppro computers added. 4 of them
>work fine. However, one of them keeps changing its time(clock time) which
>interferes with one of the apps accross the network.
> Is there a way to synchronize all of the client computers time to the
> server clock? or is it si\omthing else
> I hope someone can help
> thanking you in advance
>
Previous Topic:PAE switch
Next Topic:node type unknown
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Aug 22 14:47:29 EDT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02742 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software