Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » Unable To Join 2003 AD From Windows 2008
Unable To Join 2003 AD From Windows 2008 [message #294705] Thu, 22 October 2009 13:19 Go to next message
aleksbor  is currently offline aleksbor  United States
Messages: 1
Registered: October 2009
Junior Member
Hello Everyone,

I have Windows 2008 WEB server.
When I join it to MS 2003 Domain it asks for a reboot, then reboots,
comes up as a domain member, then reboots itself and goes back to
Workgroup.
I've search AD for this server, it is not there. Renamed it - NoGo. Does
the same thing with a different name.
Your help will be appreciated.

ABK
Re: Unable To Join 2003 AD From Windows 2008 [message #294774 is a reply to message #294705] Thu, 22 October 2009 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb  is currently offline meiweb  Germany
Messages: 2225
Registered: September 2009
Senior Member
Hello aleksbor,

Never heard about this kind of behaviour. Are there some startup scripts
running on the webserver? Check the local policies on it with gpedit.msc.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have Windows 2008 WEB server.
> When I join it to MS 2003 Domain it asks for a reboot, then reboots,
> comes up as a domain member, then reboots itself and goes back to
> Workgroup.
> I've search AD for this server, it is not there. Renamed it - NoGo.
> Does
> the same thing with a different name.
> Your help will be appreciated.
> ABK
>
Re: Unable To Join 2003 AD From Windows 2008 [message #294804 is a reply to message #294705] Thu, 22 October 2009 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pbbergs  is currently offline pbbergs  United States
Messages: 1024
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Is this inside of a dmz (Firewall)? Can you post an ipconfig /all for
client, dc and dns server? Change ip network octets if not a public network
address.

--
Paul Bergson
MVP - Directory Services
MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009

http://www.pbbergs.com

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"aleksbor" <aleksbor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23geUiy0UKHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have Windows 2008 WEB server.
> When I join it to MS 2003 Domain it asks for a reboot, then reboots, comes
> up as a domain member, then reboots itself and goes back to Workgroup.
> I've search AD for this server, it is not there. Renamed it - NoGo. Does
> the same thing with a different name.
> Your help will be appreciated.
>
> ABK
Re: Unable To Join 2003 AD From Windows 2008 [message #337761 is a reply to message #294804] Mon, 07 December 2009 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ABK  is currently offline ABK
Messages: 2
Registered: June 2009
Junior Member
This was caused by Altiris client service. Uninstalled it and problem went
away.

ABK

"Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]" wrote:

> Is this inside of a dmz (Firewall)? Can you post an ipconfig /all for
> client, dc and dns server? Change ip network octets if not a public network
> address.
>
> --
> Paul Bergson
> MVP - Directory Services
> MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
> 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
> Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009
>
> http://www.pbbergs.com
>
> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
> posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "aleksbor" <aleksbor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23geUiy0UKHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I have Windows 2008 WEB server.
> > When I join it to MS 2003 Domain it asks for a reboot, then reboots, comes
> > up as a domain member, then reboots itself and goes back to Workgroup.
> > I've search AD for this server, it is not there. Renamed it - NoGo. Does
> > the same thing with a different name.
> > Your help will be appreciated.
> >
> > ABK
>
>
> .
>
Re: Unable To Join 2003 AD From Windows 2008 [message #338140 is a reply to message #337761] Tue, 08 December 2009 05:25 Go to previous message
meiweb  is currently offline meiweb  Germany
Messages: 2225
Registered: September 2009
Senior Member
Hello ABK,

Thanks for the feedback. Nice to hear that you solved it.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> This was caused by Altiris client service. Uninstalled it and problem
> went away.
>
> ABK
>
> "Paul Bergson [MVP-DS]" wrote:
>
>> Is this inside of a dmz (Firewall)? Can you post an ipconfig /all
>> for client, dc and dns server? Change ip network octets if not a
>> public network address.
>>
>> --
>> Paul Bergson
>> MVP - Directory Services
>> MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
>> 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
>> Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009
>> http://www.pbbergs.com
>>
>> Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> "aleksbor" <aleksbor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23geUiy0UKHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>
>>> Hello Everyone,
>>>
>>> I have Windows 2008 WEB server.
>>> When I join it to MS 2003 Domain it asks for a reboot, then reboots,
>>> comes
>>> up as a domain member, then reboots itself and goes back to
>>> Workgroup.
>>> I've search AD for this server, it is not there. Renamed it - NoGo.
>>> Does
>>> the same thing with a different name.
>>> Your help will be appreciated.
>>> ABK
>>>
>> .
>>
Previous Topic:Changing Machine Account password fails
Next Topic:AD inactive users list?
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jan 17 05:40:06 MST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software