Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » Trouble Logging In
Trouble Logging In [message #370073] Sat, 16 January 2010 22:03 Go to next message
Tom Mason  is currently offline Tom Mason  United States
Messages: 41
Registered: August 2009
Member
I'm trying to log onto a server that is having issues. I'm using a domain account to logon and, if I start it up in Safe Mode, I can logon. If I start it up in Normal Mode, I get told the User Name or Password is incorrect.

Has anybody seen anything like this before? and have any advice for me?

--
Tom Mason
--
Re: Trouble Logging In [message #370164 is a reply to message #370073] Sun, 17 January 2010 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb  is currently offline meiweb  Germany
Messages: 2225
Registered: September 2009
Senior Member
Hello Tom,

On a DC by default domain users are not able to logon. In safe mode, you
mean Active directory restore mode?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> I'm trying to log onto a server that is having issues. I'm using a
> domain account to logon and, if I start it up in Safe Mode, I can
> logon. If I start it up in Normal Mode, I get told the User Name or
> Password is incorrect.
>
> Has anybody seen anything like this before? and have any advice for
> me?
>
Re: Trouble Logging In [message #370431 is a reply to message #370164] Sun, 17 January 2010 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom Mason  is currently offline Tom Mason  United States
Messages: 41
Registered: August 2009
Member
Meinolf,

Thanks for responding.

No, I mean Safe Mode, either with or without networking. Also, I'm a member
of the Enterprise Admins group, among others, if that means anything.

--
Tom Mason
"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> wrote in message
news:6cb2911dc6aa8cc6584cedd5d59@msnews.microsoft.com...
> Hello Tom,
>
> On a DC by default domain users are not able to logon. In safe mode, you
> mean Active directory restore mode?
>
> Best regards
>
> Meinolf Weber
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> confers no rights.
> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
>> I'm trying to log onto a server that is having issues. I'm using a
>> domain account to logon and, if I start it up in Safe Mode, I can
>> logon. If I start it up in Normal Mode, I get told the User Name or
>> Password is incorrect.
>>
>> Has anybody seen anything like this before? and have any advice for
>> me?
>>
>
>
Re: Trouble Logging In [message #370435 is a reply to message #370431] Sun, 17 January 2010 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meiweb  is currently offline meiweb  Germany
Messages: 2225
Registered: September 2009
Senior Member
Hello Tom,

To get you correct with the administrator you are not able to logon to the
DC when started normally?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Meinolf,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> No, I mean Safe Mode, either with or without networking. Also, I'm a
> member of the Enterprise Admins group, among others, if that means
> anything.
>
Re: Trouble Logging In [message #371831 is a reply to message #370431] Tue, 19 January 2010 10:45 Go to previous message
Jorge Silva  is currently offline Jorge Silva
Messages: 398
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi
These are different accounts.
Are you sure that you're using the correct credentials to log on in AD? If
you try to access remotely to the DC with those credentials, are you able to
do it? Do you have other Admin account that you could use to logon?

--

I hope that the information above helps you.
Have a Nice day.

Jorge Silva
MVP Directory Services

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.




"Tom Mason" <masonth@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:#TYxhv7lKHA.3476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Meinolf,
>
> Thanks for responding.
>
> No, I mean Safe Mode, either with or without networking. Also, I'm a
> member of the Enterprise Admins group, among others, if that means
> anything.
>
> --
> Tom Mason
> "Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> wrote in message
> news:6cb2911dc6aa8cc6584cedd5d59@msnews.microsoft.com...
>> Hello Tom,
>>
>> On a DC by default domain users are not able to logon. In safe mode, you
>> mean Active directory restore mode?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Meinolf Weber
>> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers no rights.
>> ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
>> ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>
>>> I'm trying to log onto a server that is having issues. I'm using a
>>> domain account to logon and, if I start it up in Safe Mode, I can
>>> logon. If I start it up in Normal Mode, I get told the User Name or
>>> Password is incorrect.
>>>
>>> Has anybody seen anything like this before? and have any advice for
>>> me?
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
Previous Topic:DC Login
Next Topic:Nap Vpn
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Jan 23 16:35:54 MST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.20236 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software