Forum Search:
Forum.Brain-Cluster.com: Brain Cluster Technical Forum
Ultimate forum for Technical Discussions

Home » Microsoft » Windows Server » Active Directory » Create Batch file for laptops to copy templates
Create Batch file for laptops to copy templates [message #403404] Tue, 02 March 2010 13:36 Go to next message
Hemal  is currently offline Hemal
Messages: 1
Registered: March 2010
Junior Member
Hi Everyone,

I am new to batch file programming and need an expert help to find out
something. I want to create a batch file that runs at login and compares a
local copy of the templates to what we have on the network. We have templates
on a mapped network drive in h:\clients\templates, and on the laptop in
c:\apps\data\clients\templates. When the laptop is offline it substitutes
c:\apps\data to appear as h: drive, that way the files appear to be in
h:\clients\templates. Here’s the basic steps what I need the batch file for:

1. first it checks to see if the computer is on the network
2. if it’s online it copies any newer files from Server onto the local drive
3. if it’s not online it uses the local files and has them show up on the
laptop as
the same location as the network

I really appreciate any help/suggestions..

Thank you in advance,
Hemal
Re: Create Batch file for laptops to copy templates [message #403804 is a reply to message #403404] Wed, 03 March 2010 04:40 Go to previous message
meiweb  is currently offline meiweb  Germany
Messages: 2225
Registered: September 2009
Senior Member
Hello Hemal,

As this doesn't has the need for Active directory better use a scripting
newsgroup like:
microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

Or the official scripting guy forum:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ITCG/threads

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/scriptcenter/default.aspx

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
no rights.
** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups
** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm


> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am new to batch file programming and need an expert help to find out
> something. I want to create a batch file that runs at login and
> compares a local copy of the templates to what we have on the network.
> We have templates on a mapped network drive in h:\clients\templates,
> and on the laptop in c:\apps\data\clients\templates. When the laptop
> is offline it substitutes c:\apps\data to appear as h: drive, that way
> the files appear to be in h:\clients\templates. Here's the basic steps
> what I need the batch file for:
>
> 1. first it checks to see if the computer is on the network
> 2. if it's online it copies any newer files from Server onto the local
> drive
> 3. if it's not online it uses the local files and has them show up on
> the
> laptop as
> the same location as the network
> I really appreciate any help/suggestions..
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Hemal
Previous Topic:GPO active desktop wallpaper does not work on windows 7
Next Topic:How To Recover Domain Controller
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Jan 17 04:12:16 MST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02022 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::Sitemap::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.0RC2.
Copyright ©2001-2009 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software